Pages

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Fridays and Promotions

I do look forward to Fridays.

Heck, it's my favorite day of the week. Not an entirely original choice, though, as I know at least 10 people of the same opinion. Not only do I get closer to ending my 6-month contract, Fridays are also my splurge-days; senseless shopping and eating sprees, designed to make my pocket lighter.

My latest Friday splurge involved treating Ate Teresa to KFC, buying some DVDs for weekend viewing and finally, purchasing the Neil Gaiman book that I had been crushing on since the Christmas season.

Update-roo! I have been promoted! From an unknown position, I have been elevated to the status of executive secretary, on the merits that I type an average of 42 words per minute (according to the latest Typer Shark Deluxe trial) and that I am always hanging around the office anyway. I took this as my boss' way of saying, "I'm giving you something to do since you're always on your ass for the whole friggin' day."

The whole promotion thing began when my boss looked for a computer where he could type his many memos. The main PC in my jurisdiction was fried, because of my many, erm, miscellaneous activities and the computer in the President's office was down as well (Accordingly, it's down due to some technical glitch; I think it's down because it's connected to my main PC and some of the "things" I've dloaded found its way there, and the rest, is history. But I didn't tell them that :3).

That left my laptop as the only available option. Problem is, laptop's are rly hard to use; small keyboard spaces, no mouse attached, etc. and etc... And so, I ended up typing the whole thing, with the boss behind me dictating his thoughts and corrections.

Right-o. So far, I have typed memos and minutes, erased whiteboards, refilled some whiteboard pens, took more minutes, printed articles and even MORE minutes, that really, it should be called HOURS already. Lame joke, I know.

Anyways, despite the constant danger of suffering a major coronary, being a secretary with a lurker boss has its own rewards. One major and important point: I don't dare open a yuri site with my boss around ;/ The laptop has this uncanny tendency to conk out everytime it loads a page.

My conscience is pretty much spotless. :o

No comments: