Pages

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008

Happy 2008! Happy New Year!

From Kayeh:
Optimists stay up until midnight to see the new year in. Pessimists stay up to make sure the old year leaves.

I will miss 2007.

New Year's Eve was a blast. Literally. We went to church for New Year mass. Heavenly, and indeed God is great.

We had a family get together after church in my childhood home of Canelar. Major pigging out session occured. Anyway, I think I lost it all when I played nanny to the kiddies. Man, was it hot! Blame it all on global warming and cheap fireworks.

New Year's Eve = Kill Bill and slugging it out in dodgeball.

Another additional plus! I got myself a doggie! My auntie gave me one of her dog's many pups as a late Christmas present.

Now, the best thing about having a pet, is naming it. My doggie was no exception. After my catastrophic blunder of naming my 2 dogs, Poldo and Bigik, I was determined not to shame this one with a name not worthy of an epiteth upon death. My mom was all for naming her "Chada". Dear God. My cousins gave their choices, from "Shekinah" to "J-Lo". Over my dead body.

Anyhow, as the certified owner of the pup, I declared that this dog shall have a Japanese name. I narrowed the field to three, them being: Yuri (after my short-lived preoccupation with yuri manga); Yuki, a variation of yuri and Shiro, which means white.

We settled on Shiro. So, my doggie is Shiro! One problem solved. Now, if only I can get her to stop pooping inside the house.

Moving on, moving on. I knew the TV stations were going to dole out crappy shows during New Year's Eve, so I prepared myself by scouring for DVDs to occupy my time. I went over to Yubenco, where anime DVDs, pirated at that, were sold for only 45 pesos. Ah, what a veritable feast. Except for the weird translations (Note to self: Next time, look for DVDs that have fansubbed translations!!), purchase of said pirated products were worth it.

Genshiken - Php 45
GTO - Php 45
Total - Php 90

Great. I'm all set.

If being an adult sucks during Christmas, it sucks even more when New Year comes. When everyone lined up for the annual New Year giveaways, my right to receive free monetary stuff was denied. All that 20 peso bills! Accordingly, working adults cannot avail of free money anymore. Not fair.

I am relieved however, that despite this, I am still entitled to receive a huge bar of chocolate in compensation.

Happy 2008.

After discovering the GTO refuses to play on the laptop:

I will not buy pirated DVDs anymore. I will not buy pirated DVDs anymore. I will not buy pirated DVDs anymore...*sob*

No comments: