Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

I've got my eyes only on you

And this time, I got my eyes on you Osamu Mukai. Oh yeah, the fangirl is back and she is rabid!


My concept of beauty has been blighted by my adolescent exposure to good-looking anime men. I remember a conversation that I had with my teacher back in high school:

Teacher: What do you look for in a man?
Me: (Pause). That’s a hard question.
Teacher: We’ll start with what you look for physically in man.
Me: As long as he looks like Rukawa, I’m good.


I wasn’t trying to be cheeky here. Rukawa was honestly the one guy that I wanted. I still want him, but I don’t think I can handle a relationship with a guy who is perpetually 15 years old. Anyway, Mukai here has some things which the objects of my previous fangirl rages did not have: He’s on the same level of 3D existence as me, a breathing, living and aging (!) person who I can actually meet – once I muster enough concentration and will to plan and save for a trip to Japan. He has a smile that makes you want to glomp him senseless.

He’s starred in a couple of interesting shows. He’s in Honey and Clover, where he plays Mayama. He plays Okura Sho in the ongoing Japanese series Atashinchi no Danshi, and he’ll play Yoshiyuki Taira in the movie adaptation of Beck: The Mongolian Chop Squad. After seeing him protray Mayama real well, I’m definitely going to check out Atashinchi and Beck.



Rabid, rabid, rabid.

No comments: