Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Everyday is a faded sign I get a little bit closer to feeling fine

Last 2009, I got the chance to visit Dakak, not once but twice. My first trip, a team-building activity, had me all wide-eyed and giddy all over the place. I was giddy enough to wake up at 5 AM to take self-timed pictures of myself, for posterity's sake and for bragging purposes. On my second trip, a business plan workshop, I was more restrained and less giddy. I also went easy with the shutter button, preferring landscapes over me posing on some rock.

Sunsets are awesome.

Dakak is 8 hours from Zamboanga City by bus, and it's pretty isolated. To make sure you get there in one piece, eat and drink sparingly. Eating while traveling on torturous and winding roads is not recommended.

In Dakak, I preferred walking down the park's paths at nights, while everybody was either swimming, pigging out or watching the cultural show. Nothing beats solitary walks through abandoned pathways, listening to the silence and feeling the world disappear.

We also had the chance to pass by Dapitan, and visit the place where Jose Rizal first landed. According to Sir Ric, the old marker had more history to it.


Dapitan has its own theme park too! It's not anything like Enchanted Kingdom, but it's a great start. In my excitement, I ended up leaving my tickets with the front desk reception. Thankfully, we had extras.

Caution: Hot

I didn't go gaga over the beach, though. We have plenty of those here.

4 comments:

The Lord said...

The place looks nice and comforting. Thanks for this one!

Jasmine said...

It is. It's even better during non-peak seasons. The whole place is practically yours.

Thanks for dropping by :)

Unknown said...

did you take the pix? they look really great! great composition there, jazzy...or maybe the place is just so remarkably wonderful?!? hahaha...Maybe both! hihihihi!

Jasmine said...

Deej, it's the place. Definitely the place.