Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bosh: Yesterday's crap today

The day started well enough. Arrived 30 minutes earlier than my usual time. Got started on work, did an update or two. Faxed some documents. Then, everything went downhill. For the first time, I had a devastating headache. My skull felt empty. I could not string a single, decent sentence. No amount of candies or chocolates would start up the dregs that was left of my brain. I could not finish a simple article; I did not know if it was from my headache or from the radiation copiously streaming from my computer. Even Facebook frustrated me. I found out that I downloaded incomplete episodes, that 1,604 KB was NOT 324 MB. My computer kept hanging on me because Tune Up Maintenance was running at a sloth pace. The office fridge did not have my favorite chips on stock. And my coop debt was a whopping Php 368.00 in just 3 weeks.

I realized that I would not see my salary this day. No jeepney came along the office street. Tricycle drivers are clods. One asked me for Php 20.00 for a ride that would barely last 3 minutes. One complained that it was dark and that he could not possibly drive me to that God-forsaken place and back, etc, etc, etc. I moved back and said "Bai-Bai" instead of "Oh, shut up, shithead". One driver left without a word when I stated my destination. Excuse me for having manners. I walked about a kilometer or two to catch a jeep. Waited for 30 minutes for an empty one to pass by. Students, I thought, were stealing my jeepney rides. A woman stepped off a jeep and stood EXTREMELY close to me. What, woman? The curb ain't big enough for the two of us? Invasion of spatial privacy?

Got home in one piece. Wrote this entry while wishing for a brand new motorcycle.

No comments: