Pages

Thursday, March 06, 2008

When in doubt, follow the...

..rectal route :s This post is about my dog's first day at the vet clinic. Please remove that look from your face :D

I brought Shirou to the vet last week, a necessary move because of a combination of Shirou's lack of appetite and tendency to eat chicken poo.

We made it just before the clinic closed. Incidentally, veterinary clinics are way more strict than their human counterparts. They close at noon, no questions. They don't do PM sessions unless you have an appointment. Scary.

So, I had to fill up Shirou's medical record, which was a really weird experience, because I had no idea when Shirou's birthday was, or how old she was, or what breed she was :p I made up some stuff (even adding a "U" to the original Shiro, for the twang effect when pronounced), hoping that they were close enough to the truth, because if they were not, I might as well expect my dog to keel over and die.

We waited for our turn, seated beside this huge dog of God-knows-what-breed. Shirou was having a massive pre-coronary while waiting. Poor dog.

Anyway, our turn came and Shirou was placed on the table. Gums, check. Eyes, check. Tummy, ok. Weight, 2.48 kg. All done through observation and palpation.

Worm infestation and temperature? Shove a stick up my doggie's ass.

Poor Shirou did not know what hit her. She yelped, quite loudly, as a longish, wicked-looking probe went up her backside. The good doc pulled it out, complete with dog poo all over it, waved it around, waved it under my nose to show me those tiny critters living inside my dog's tummy. Right. Was it necessary to wave that thing under my nose? I've gone through a large quantity of shit myself during college days but that doesn't mean I adore it. Sheesh.

The thermometer was next, and Shirou seemed to expect it. She sat down, with her legs splayed (how uncomfortable is that) while we waited for the results. Done! She can get her vaccine! Pop one pill in her mouth, inject something through her skin and done! She's good to go. And, oh. She can't take a bath for a week and she can't eat any seafoods.

Even fish? I asked.

Yes. Your dog needs meat. No fish.

Human owner can eat fish. Tiny doggie who loves chicken poo can only eat meat.

..wtf..?

No comments: