Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

When household help collides

What a week. I got sick on purpose, spent a total of 3 nights away from home, took a week off from work for no apparent reason and stretched P200, my last money, for 2 weeks. And oh, our household help just mutinied on us, so now, I'm back doing dishes and feeding the doggies. Blah.

I've been doing a lot of soul searching after our household help decided to call it quits on us. Hmmm, were we on the wrong? After all, I never helped her in cleaning the house and the dishes, feeding the dogs, washing our clothes....oh wait. Right. That's what I paid her for. Okay, conscience clear. On the social level, I mingled very little with her. But then again, I'm a stingy mingler. I rarely mingle. With anyone.

Basically, she just didn't do her job well anymore, and when we pointed that out, she mutinied. As if. It pissed me off, that did. Imperiously declaring that she won't work anymore. Be gone then!

So now, I'm readjusting. Again. I have to prove to my mom that I can actually do my part in the household work. Or else, she'll tell everyone that she's all alone in this world, and that she's really tired and no one helps her, and I'll be guilty and depressed all over again.

On the other hand, there is still good in this unfortunate twist of events. It is now possible for me to start volunteering at the hospital and practice the craft that is nursing. My mom and I talked about it, and she thinks we can go for three months on her salary alone. And that this is a SIGN. Who am I to refuse such a sign? Seriously, though, I think it's an opportunity.

Only thing is, I'm scared of not being able to help with the expenses at home. For the last year, my earnings have covered all our needs (and a couple of wants), and I'm not too keen on the idea of not having my own money. I'm not too keen on depending entirely on my mom's salary, either. A part of me thinks that this arrangement won't work, and that I'll starve. And yet, I'm excited to start working at a hospital, to prove that I am not the dunderhead that I thought I was. I'm so full of contradictions, it's tragic.

Anyway, I have to thank Jilly for giving me the Ouran High School Host Club DVD. It's been keeping my mind off tedious thoughts :s

Forbidden brotherly love! Woot!

No comments: