Pages

Friday, March 24, 2006

whaddya know? its finally over!

the tests are over and my verdict: i did fairly well. it was not my best performance (could've done better) but nevertheless, not bad, not bad.

nothing fancy, nothing extraordinary marked the end of my junior year. i am saying goodbye to it in a few weeks and will say hello to the final year of my college year before i am off to find fame and fortune. there is no bittersweet nostalgia. no regrets, i am glad that it is finally over. it's not graduation or anything ^^

just my luck that tragedy should mar my final finals day. how are you supposed to act in the midst of a tragedy? yeaterday, march 23, 2006, a fire raged in the city near school. the damage is massive and thousands are camping out in my school till something happens. times like these brings out the best and the worst in some people. looters abounded that night and as much as it pisses you off, you just can't do anything about it in the midst of panic. however, i do applaud the students of my school for volunteering without being told to do so. my salute to you.

situated approximately 7 km away (according to the road sign) from the city, i felt lucky and at the same time guilty for my good fortune and blessings. as much as i felt sorry for those victims, i was happier that none of my family was hurt in that fire. that night, i realized that the least i should do was to pray for those people. my faith and relationship with God has not been exactly smooth lately, so i was stumped as to what and how to pray. how do you begin to pray for people who have lost everything they worked for? dear Lord, please comfort them. be with them. they are in your hands. in my mind it sounded inadequate but somehow that seemed the only words that i could think of. i guess, in times of need, the simplest prayers reveal the heart's true intention.

today, i will return to school to help out in the relief operations. partly to help, mostly to cover my payback duty ^^ *sigh* in the middle of a tragedy, the only thing that can keep us sane is normalcy *grins*

currently listening: narda by kamikazee (yeah, pinoy music rocks!!)currently watching: WWE (rey mysterio!!!!)

No comments: