Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

u tired??right!??

i logged in 16 hours of duty last friday, helping out in the school clinic, in the school's joint effort in helping out the Camino Nuevo fire victims. i had it pretty easy there, compared to the roving teams. i stayed in the clinic the whole time, cleaning wounds, dispensing medicines, recording and all that. i officially became the 'drug lord' of the group, having been the one who helped ma'am ivy in the arrangement of the medicines in the boxes. i also had a taste of what it was to become a head nurse. i was in charge of charting and recording, plus transferring the data from the doctor's sheet to the clinic sheet, making sure that we had two exact copies. it was great being there with your fellow students. i saw familiar faces dropping every once in a while, and i felt proud knowing that my classmates were there, out of there comfort zones and helping out. we worked along side medical students and we had a great talk even though we were completely stoned out of our minds.

i hitched a ride home with my friend. we were silent all the way, but we didnt mind that at all. we were too tired and groggy to even mutter a few words.

i slept for three hours before waking up again for an appointment with my dentist. then i headed back to school for my case study with my pal. i barely managed to keep my eyes open. the blasted memory stick would not work and the trackball in our computer lab was not cooperating. lawd, i thought the day would never end.

i wanted to go back to volunteer again, but my body can only take so much.

i'll be going back to school for my clearance, then my duty. i can't wait for summer to come.

and you know what? a day after the fire, it rained.

No comments: