Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

expletives

recently, i caught myself saying the F-word. for those who are familiar with the Filipino culture, such a word is considered as a capital crime, and make no mistake, hours later, you'll still be foaming in the mouth after your mum made you wash your mouth. the f-word was unthinkable and used for the most devious and desperate occasions. imagine my surprise when i found myself saying f**k, as well as other 4-letter expletives, without flinching. its an achievement, considering i have been overusing the now stale syet ( a variation of sh*t) and p*t*!...my vocabulary has taken on a new level. from coarse name-calling to sophisticated cussing. do i think cussing is a habit of the rich and socialite??no...its self-expression.

yesterday i would have been shocked to hear myself, but now, i dont mind. after being a sheltered kid for most of my life, i am now beginning to find independence in college. just because i like cussing now does not mean that i dont have manners. one of the greatest misconception of human beings is by labeling their fellow people. the way i act or speak does not reflect who i truly am. just because ive been cussing fluently for a week does not mean i am an unpleasant person. i believe its a part of growing up, breaking the mold people imposed upon you and finally getting to live your life as you want it...the way you want it.

mind you, i still dont say the f-word out loud at home. i am still a practical person.

my influences for my cuss-vocab spurt?? friends, class and movies (most notable of which is Closer...i could not believe my ears...but great script people). my friend tells me to slow than a little bit, but once i start i cant seem to stop. the phonetics of that 4-letter word is mesmerizing and addicting. besides, people dont gasp and go oh-my-gosh-she-said-the-u-know-what-word!! when i say it. as the old adage goes, everybody's doing it. but then, i guess my friend's right to. control is a must...u can always blast every expletive u know at somebody who deserves it much later...wahehe

oh well then...WTF???

No comments: