Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

I think I'll try defying gravity

Normally, I don't mind politics. It does not mind me and I it. The whole political mechanisms are most Machiavellian, and being machiavellian is something that God never deemed necessary when He created me.

In the hype before the May 10 elections though, it's something that can hardly be avoided. Everything is saturated with politics - news, events, text messages, social networking site.

As for me, I'm still kind of mum as to who my president would be. How I wish we have a candidate like Obama in our presidential elections. Someone exceptional. Someone who is remarkably different from the rest of the pack.

If I were to vote for somebody into the highest office of my country, I'd want someone who inspires me, someone who'll convince me to walk through hot coals. Yus, I'd walk on hot coals if someone can inspire me enough. In this presidential race, nobody is astounding enough to rise above the dough. Everyone is so, I don't know, so-so.

I feel for presidential candidate Gilbert Teodoro, though. At first glance, he is more than qualified to be president. But one look at who endorses him and people change their mind, me included. If that's not enough, look at where he is now. Left standing on thin ice, like someone whose health insurance leads went up in smokes. Too bad, too bad.



This election is going to be monumental. And I will be a part of it.

No comments: