Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New work, new rants

Read this. I have a job.

Or rather, I have a new job. Last week, I tendered in my resignation to my old job for another position that could offer me greener, monetary advantages. The parting was not without the drama, though. Contrary to the usual concept of resignation, I liked my previous occupation and the people whom I worked with. My bosses were kind, my colleagues were nice, and my mentors were brainy, smart and great personalities. I'd never admit it out loud, but I figure that I would have been pretty good working in that field of research, better than most even. I was blending in quite nicely with that rough, motley crowd of researchers when I was called away.

So, here I am, sitting inside a cubicle, typing my heart away on a rickety keyboard, on a PC hooked to my long-denied addiction - the Internet. Can't say that I am not pleased. Despite the evident discomfort in starting again in a new environment, I am re-learning the pleasure of privacy, music and net connection.

Anyhow, I am still waiting for directions and guidance from my boss, whom I have yet to meet. It's a scary bit of waiting; my boss is a SHE, a highly-accomplished, well-traveled SHE at that. I've never worked for a woman before, and I've heard that women bosses can be more terrifying than men bosses. I dunno. My past bosses were all men who treated me like a daughter instead of a payed worker. I'm nervous, but I'm not complaining though; I think this would be a great learning experience and I'm hoping to profit from it - in all aspects, of course, including reviving a little ol' blog that has gone under the weather for a year :D

I'll be bringing a lot things in this new job, including a reputation. For some reason, they were really impressed during my interview. I didn't tell them that the reason I was so bloody confident during the panel interview was because I already had a job :D Bad idea, now they think I'm this superscribe with a capital S. Gotta live up to it somehow :p

But still, I miss my old job. It's Athletics Day today, and here I am listening to crappy love songs in an open-toed sandal with clingly beads.

The world is not right. Somebody fix it please :B

No comments: