Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring 2008: Itazura na Kiss, Bus Gamer, Chi's Sweet Home, Macross Frontier and Golgo 13

Itazura na Kiss

Booya! Finally, a romantic comedy that I can enjoy ;p Itazura na Kiss is basically your tried-and-tested romance comedy about two very different people - a dumdum sort of girl paired with a brooding, genius-y type of guy. They meet, they fight and poof!, they fall in love. Hum, my kind of show, one that doesn't go all philosophical on me :D

It's like Nodame Cantabille, though, not as good yet. Animation is, at times, bland and undefined, but for now, I'm enjoying the first 2 episodes. The strongest point of Itazura, so far, is its comedy, and I hope they won't go all melodramatic later on. For now, rollickin' fun!

Bus Gamer
One of the first series to come out for the Spring season, and frankly, I'm just disappointed. There's nothing in this show that's watch-worthy. I dunno, it just, sucks :/ The good thing, accordingly, is that it's only 3 episodes long (really, why even bother at all?). I'm 2 episodes in, and I officially won't venture with episode 3.

Hum, the guy reminds me of Sanjo of Gensoumaden Saiyuki fame ;/

Dropped :s

Chi's Sweet Home
This is too cute for it's own good. The show is actually, to correct my previous post, only 3 minutes long, and it works really well: a full-length episode of a cat trying to find its way home will be puh-retty boring. As hell. Seriously.

Anyway, this one's a winner. I can't see how Chi can go wrong ;3

*Cue: AAAAWWWWWW*

Macross Frontier
I have not, in all honesty, watched a single Macross episode in my entire life. Macross Frontier is a first for me, and thankfully, its a show that's basically geared for Macross noobs: you don't need a solid background on Macross to understand and enjoy this show.

I loved the CG battles in space set in time with great music. Reminds me of Vandread, another favorite of mine (if only it wasn't so harem-y ;p). I'd like to watch episode 2 right now, but I keep getting bad fansubs - it won't play nicely!

Golgo 13

It's supposed to be an adaptation of a classic, but I haven't got the faintest clue about it. Still, a dark, nitty-gritty story of assassins, guns and crimes. It got compared to James Bond a lot, so I expect its got some dark stories, spy themes and women.

I got the first episode, but I haven't finished it yet. The animation is not what I'm used to seeing in a Japanese anime: it's more of, I dunno, Western in style rather than anime.

So, Golgo. I dunno. Maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.