Pages

Friday, January 27, 2006

imperfect virgo

i dont believe in zodiac signs. but for the record, i am a virgo whose lucky star is mercury, wednesday being my lucky day.

perfectionism marks the typical virgo from her astral neighbors. the virgo loves the letter P: perfection, proper, prim, punctuality, performance....

which is entirely not me at first glance. i used to believe that i am the living proof that zodiac signs and for all that they mean and stand for were false. i am a virgo, whose favorite word begins with p, that is procrastinate, a klutz and a slob, role-model for the future late-comers without the drive or the desire to be perfect or the best. i was not meticulous. i was careless, so unlike the virgo in the sky.

i dunno 'bout you, but perhaps zodiac guidance are recessive or late-bloomers: do they manifest themselves at a later age, unconsciously as if hidden all the while in the id or the superego?? that potential line of reasoning could justify to my reactions and reflexes just now.

i am very particular about how i perform during my clinical duty. a slight mistake or insufficiency in my part will cause me to regress and fall into the deepest pits of depression. i strive to be perfect in handling conversations with my superiors, strive to be excellent in rendering care to my patients and strive to be proficient in my performance of the procedures in my profession (and what did i tell you?? i love the letter p..). normal? not if i freak out everytime i fail.

perfectionist.one with the need to reach the ideal stage of skillfullness and dexterity in a craft. extraordinary as to how i actually am one.

so the million-dollar question? zodiacs: do they really control our fate??

perfectionist that i am, i really don't think so. nah, i belive in a higher being (Him ^^) who ultimately is perfection itself.

No comments: